When the filter is used, it will adsorb the dirty, so that the quality of the filtration is deteriorated, so it is generally replaced by about every 3 months.
As an example of a LG fridge, the water filter (No.ADQ74793501) inside can remove most of impurity (99% of lead, 99% of Mercury, over 99% cysts, over 99% asbestos, 93%ofToxaphene, 77% Altrazine, 99% Lindane, 97% Chlorine and 99%, rust, sand, dirtand sediment.) Some of these substances accumulate on the filter, thereby affecting water quality. So we need to replace the water filter regularly.
How to replace water filter for Fridge?
Refrigerator producers will not give very difficult tasks for you. just follow the steps below to operate step by step.
- Close the water supply valve of the refrigerator and empty the water until no longer flow.
- Remove the top shelf. If the top shelf, is in the highest position, it will need to be removed.
- Press the PUSH button to open the water filter cover.
NOTE: Please prepare a rag to absorb leaks when removing the old filter.
- Pull the old water filter downward and turn it counterclockwise to pull it out.
- Apply the month and year sticker to the new filter to remind you to replace the filter in six months.
- Push the new filter into the manifold hole, rotate it up into place, and close the cover.
- Now that the filter is replaced, dispense 2.5 gallons of water to remove trapped air and contaminants from the system. Depress and release the dispenser pad for cycles of 30s ON and 60s OFF, rather than dispensing continuously.
- *If your model is equipped with a water filter indicator on the display, press and hold the FILTER button or RESET button for approximately 5 seconds to reset the filter indicator.
Every step is very simple, complete them, and the filter is replaced. Then you can take water to make coffee or drink directly.
What's more is that you should get the correct filter, you can confirm that the model is printed on the filter. Also, you can search your model on Sparesbarn.com and find what you need.