Sometimes, people don't know how to replace a new EPTWFU01 water filter, when they first get a new filter and try to do it. That will not difficult by following the steps below.
- Turn Off the ice maker power switch.
- Remove the old filter by rotating it counter-clockwise (to the left) 90 degrees to release it.
- Slide the old filter cartridge straight out of the housing and discard it.
- Unpackage the new filter cartridge. Slide it into the filter housing as far as it will go with the grip end horizontal.
- Push lightly inward on the filter while rotating it clockwise (to the right). The filter will then pull itself inward as it is rotated. Rotate the filter 90 degrees until it stops and the grip end is vertical. You may be able to feel a very light click as the filter locks into place.
- Press a drinking glass against the water dispenser while checking for any leaks at the filter housing. Any spurts and sputters that occur as the system purges air out of the dispenser system are normal.
- Continue dispensing water for 3-4 minutes or until 1.5 gallons of water has flowed through the system. You will likely need to empty and refill your glass several times.
- Turn On the ice maker.
- Press and hold the Water Filter reset button on the control panel for three seconds. When the display changes from Red to Green, the status has been reset.
Items: EPTWFU01 Water Filter
Uses: Refrigerator water filter
Electrolux EHE6899SA, EBE5367SA, EHE6899SCA, EBE5367SB, EHE5267SB
Westinghouse WSE6870SA WHE6060SA WBE5360SA WHE7074SA WSE6170SA WHE5260SA WHE6874SA WQE6170SA
How to change filter for an Icemaker?
Step 1: Turn the Icemaker Off and Unplug the Refrigerator
Disable the icemaker to prevent water from spilling out. Similarly, for your safety, you will also want to unplug the refrigerator from the wall.
Step 2: Remove Filter
The location of the filter will vary depending on the model of your refrigerator. For some models, the filter will be located on the front bottom of the fridge in the kickplate. For others, it will be inside the refrigerator. Some models will have it installed horizontally and others vertically.
To remove the filter, simply shift it slightly left or counterclockwise. When you hear a click, remove it. It’s a good idea to have a towel nearby to clean up any spills. Because some water may comes down after the filter removed.
Step 3: Add a New Water Filter
Now get your new water filter and remove any protective seals. If you’re installing it vertically, fill it with water to help avoid any air bubbles. Once you add the water, face the filter toward you until you see an upwards arrow. Then, push it up the filter head and turn it to the right (clockwise) if you’re installing it horizontally. Turn and maybe you hear a click. If your refrigerator has a water filter alert button, reset it by holding it down for at least three seconds.
Note: Checking the machine model and manual before replacing parts can prevent damaging your machine.
“Change filter for icemaker” has been update, thanks for your question.
How do you clear out the new filter if you only have an ice maker?